Thinking about coming to Bayview Dental for preventive care? Worried about COVID-19? You can rest assured that we’re doing our best to keep you and your family safe, and to provide you with an excellent experience in Center City.
How are we protecting you from COVID-19? That’s a great question, and we’ll answer it below. Read on to see how we’re responding to the threat of COVID-19.
What Can We Do To Help Prevent Transmission In The Office?
We’re doing our part to keep transmission rates down and to ensure the safety of everyone in our office. Here are a few steps we’re taking to minimize transmission rates.
- Masks – Our team continues to wear masks for all patients. If you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, we ask that you wear a mask when getting treatment at our office.
- Vaccinations – We have encouraged all of our dental team members and staff members to get vaccinated, which dramatically reduces the risk of COVID-19 infection and transmission.
- PPE for dental team – Our dental team continues to wear additional PPE while treating patients. We always wear face masks, gloves, and eye protection. Depending on the patient and the procedure, PPE may include head and shoe coverings or full surgical gowns. All PPE is properly disposed of or reprocessed safely after treating each patient.
How Have We Maintained The Office’s Physical Environment?
We are doing our best to keep our office clean and safe, and the steps we have taken include:
- Operatory cleaning – We have always met all required safety standards for cleaning operatories between patients. We fully clean, disinfect, and prepare each operatory between patients to ensure a safe, sanitary experience.
- Cleaning commonly-touched surfaces – We are cleaning bathrooms, doorknobs, counters, tables, chairs, and other commonly-touched surfaces to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Reconfiguring waiting areas – Our waiting areas have been reconfigured to provide at least 6 feet of distance between each patient. Social distancing is one of the most effective ways to stop the spread of COVID-19.
What Procedures Are In Place To Screen Patients?
We are taking a variety of steps to screen patients who may have COVID-19, including the following:
- Questionnaires – We require all patients to fill out a questionnaire with questions about vaccination status, past COVID-19 infection, recent travel, symptoms they may be experiencing, and other such details.
- Temperature checks – Temperature checks for staff and patients help provide a safe experience and ensure those who may be sick with COVID-19 or any other infectious disease can be screened.
Don’t Wait – Schedule The Preventive Care You Need In Center City!
We hope that this blog has helped you learn a bit more about how Youngner and our team have been keeping patients safe at Bayview Dental. And if you’ve been putting off dental care due to COVID-19, now is the best time to get the preventive treatment you need. Don’t wait. Contact us online or call today at 651-243-5999 to get started.